When you have sensitive skin, hair removal can be daunting. You don't know what you're going to get-your body could be fine, or it could have an extremely intense negative reaction. This is where your pre and post wax care regime comes in play. Here’s how..
Pre wax care:
It is just as important to take care of and prepare the area before a wax as it is to take care of it after a wax. Follow these tips to ensure a smooth and easy depilation for your sensitive skin.
- Ensure your hair is at least half cm long, so your aesthetician can remove the hair with ease.
- Exfoliate the waxing area 24-48 hours before your appointment. This will keep the skin soft and smoother and prevent ingrown hairs post waxing.
- Bath or shower on the day of your appointment to open up follicles, allowing for easier hair removal.
- Do not apply any deodorants, make-up, lotions, soaps, powders, perfumes, or self-tanning products to the area to be waxed.
Try Biosoft Pre wax Gels for a perfect prep to your depilation.
- Formulated with natural ingredients
- Rejuvenates the skin from within
- Facilitates the adherence of wax
- Suitable for sensitive skin types
Post wax care:
After your waxing service, you may expect the area to be red, people with sensitive skin types may experience blood spots due to thicker, coarser hair and the area may feel tender and tingle.
For the first 24 hours after a waxing service, avoid the following to prevent irritating the skin:
- Touching or scratching the waxed area
- Exfoliating the waxed area
- Shower in a cold temperature. Ensure the water runs off the waxed area and you do not wash or scrub this area
- Wear loose clothes to avoid friction over the waxed area
- Avoid rigorous physical activities.
- Keep away from sunlight and UV exposure. Sweat can infect open follicles and heat can irritate the waxed area. Remember to book your wax 2 days before you go on a holiday, to allow the follicles enough time to close and the skin to calm down
- Applying products to the waxed area such as deodorants, make-up, lotions, soaps, powders, perfumes, self-tanning products etc.
Try Biosoft Post wax oils for a perfect finish to your waxing.
- Enriched with natural ingredients
- Gentle after wax treatment
- Removes wax residue effectively
- Leaves sensitive skin with a calming and soothing effect
Know more about Biosoft Gels & Oils